Letter for Parents Circuit Breaker Lockdown
Dear parents and carers,
On Thursday the Acting Premier announced new circuit breaker restrictions for Victoria to swiftly address the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
The restrictions are in place from 11.59pm Thursday for a seven-day period.
Following advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, all Victorian schools will move to a period of remote and flexible learning from Monday 31 May to Thursday 3 June inclusive.
Friday 28 May was a student-free day to allow schools time to prepare. Remote and flexible learning will begin on Monday 31 May.
Students who were at school on Thursday took some work home, however we will be providing more especially to those who were away on Thursday. These work packs will be delivered through the morning on Monday. At this stage we will not be running on-line classes however the three emails for teachers are available and emails will be answered in normal school hours.
They are: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
As with other remote learning periods, our school will provide on-site supervision for students in the following categories:
- Children where both parents and/or carers are authorised workers who cannot work from home, work for an essential provider and where no other supervision arrangements can be made:
- Where there are two parents/carers, both must be authorised workers, working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision
- For single parents/ carers, the authorised worker must be working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- Children experiencing vulnerability, including:
- children in out-of-home care
- children deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and is assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- children identified by a school or early childhood service as vulnerable, including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service.
If your child requires on-site supervision, please contact Jo Dacy-Broome on 0400156001
Information is available to support your child’s learning from home.
Jo Dacy-Broome Principal Orbost North PS.